DATE: August 8, 2022
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Firefighter/Paramedic – 40 hours a week (Entry Level)
Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue is currently recruiting to fill a new position for the District. This position will start on or before November 1, 2022. All applications will be evaluated and scored based on the Districts criteria. After evaluation and scoring each candidate, the District will invite the top twenty (20) candidates with the highest passing scores to participate in a written medical exam/scenario-based test and assessment center. For more information about the position and the fire district, please visit www.crrfire.org.
BASE SALARY: $29,354 to $35,680 (depending on experience)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for employee and immediate family paid by the District
- Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), with 6% contribution paid by the District)
- HRA/VEBA medical contribution by the District.
- Ten percent tuition discount from Columbia Southern University
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- MASA Medical Transport Solutions Program
- Long-Term Disability and Group/Accidental Death Insurance
- Nationwide Deferred Compensation offered
- AFLAC Insurance offered
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FIRE DISTRICT: Crooked River Ranch is an unincorporated area of southern Jefferson County, in Central Oregon. We are a thriving and growing area for all outdoor enthusiast, which offers a variety of hiking trails, rivers, wineries, skiing, golf, and water sports. We are surrounded by the Crooked River National Grasslands and the Bureau of Land Management. The fire district was established in 1977 and originally staffed entirely by volunteers. Today we are a full-service combination district of six full-time staff (Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief, Administrative Assistant and Three Captains) with nineteen volunteers. Services we provide are structural and wildland fire protection, rope rescue, advanced and basic life support medical response and transport.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
- Must possess an Oregon Driver’s License
- Associates degree
- NFPA FF I Certification
- NWCG Wildland Firefighter Type II
- NIMS IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
- NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver
- Able to obtain NFPA Apparatus Equipped with Fire Pump within 6 months of hire
- NFPA Rope Rescue – Operations Level or higher
- NFPA Fire & Emergency Services Instructor I or higher
- NFPA Mobile Water Supply (Tender) Operator
- Wildland Firefighter Type I or higher
- NFPA Wildland Fire Apparatus Operator
- September 9, 2022: Application Due by 5:00 pm
- September 21, 2022: Candidates passing the application process will be invited to the written and scenario-based test and assessment center.
- September 29, 2022: Candidates passing the testing process and assessment center will move on to final interview with the Fire Chief.
- November 1, 2022: Target start date, contingent upon a successful background check, drug screening and physical.
Additional information including requesting an application can be obtained by contacting Administration by phone at 541-923-6776 or email at email@example.com, or an online application packet is available for download below.Firefighter/Paramedic Application PacketFirefighter/Paramedic Job Description