Employment Opportunity Announcement: Paramedic/Firefighter, Entry Level (Full-Time)
DATE: January 30th, 2023
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Paramedic/Firefighter, Entry Level
Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue (CRRF&R) is seeking applicants for the position of Entry Level Paramedic/firefighter. The goal of this recruitment is to hire two qualified Paramedic/firefighters to work a 48/96 shift schedule and establish a hiring list for future positions. Candidates who are licensed Paramedics but do not have preferred fire certifications are encouraged to apply. The training to obtain preferred qualifications listed below will be provided by the District and must be completed during the first 6 months of the probationary period.
All applications will be evaluated and scored based on the District’s criteria. After evaluation and scoring each candidate, the District will invite the candidates with passing scores to participate in an assessment center and interview.
Salary and benefits subject to change pending contract negotiations.
BASE SALARY: $37,819 to $45,868 annually (depending on experience)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance paid by CRRF&R for employee and family.
- HRA/VEBA contribution of $3,000 annually.
- MASA Medical Transport Solutions Program provided through health insurance.
- Oregon PERS eligible with the employee 6% contribution paid by CRRF&R.
- FLSA eligible.
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, etc.).
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Long-term disability and group Accidental Death Insurance for employee.
- Nationwide deferred compensation and AFLCA insurance available to employee.
- Ability to certify employee in the following:
- NFPA Firefighter I & II
- NFPA Apparatus Driver/Operator
- NFPA Fire Apparatus Equipped with a Pump (Pumper Operator)
- NFPA Mobile Water Supply (Tender Operator)
- NFPA Wildland Fire Apparatus Operator
- NFPA Rope Rescue – Operations Level or higher
- NFPA Fire & Emergency Services Instructor I or higher
- NWCG Wildland Firefighter Type I or higher
- Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FIRE DISTRICT:
Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue is a combination fire district that provides a full range of emergency services to a 16.4 square mile area of rural residential, commercial, and recreational lands in southern Jefferson County. The career and volunteer personnel respond to an average of 600 calls annually with 76% being medical in nature.
The community of Crooked River Ranch is the largest private subdivision in the state of Oregon with a population of approximately 5,700 people. It is located between the Deschutes and Crooked River canyons and just south of Lake Billy Chinook. Amenities in the community include a golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurants, disc golf course, hiking trails, and other outdoor recreational opportunities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
- Must possess an Oregon Driver’s License
- Oregon Paramedic License
- NFPA Firefighter I or higher
- NWCG Wildland Firefighter, Type II
- NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator
- NIMS IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
- March 10th, 2023: Application Due by 5:00 pm
- March 20th, 2023: Candidates passing the application process will be invited to the written and scenario-based test and assessment center.
- March 21st, 2023: Candidates passing the testing process and assessment center will move on to final interview with the Fire Chief.
- April 3rd, 2023: Employment offers will got to successful candidates.
- May 1st, 2023: Target start date, contingent upon a successful background check, drug screening and NFPA physical.
Additional information including requesting an application can be obtained by contacting Administration by phone at 541-923-6776 or available for download below.Paramedic-Firefighter, Entry Level ApplicationParamedic/Firefighter, Entry Level Flyer