POSTED: January 10th, 2024
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Paramedic/Firefighter, Entry Level
Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue (CRRF&R) is seeking applicants for the position of Entry Level Paramedic/Firefighter. The goal of this recruitment is to immediately hire one qualified Paramedic/Firefighter to work a 48/96 shift schedule and establish a hiring list for future positions. Candidates who are licensed Paramedics but do not have preferred fire certifications are encouraged to apply. Training to obtain fire certifications will be provided during the probationary period.
All applications will be evaluated and scored based on the District’s criteria. After evaluation and scoring each candidate, the District will invite the candidates with passing scores to participate in an assessment center and interview.
BASE SALARY: $42,348 to $49,020 annually (depending on qualifications/experience)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance paid by CRRF&R for employee and family.
- HRA/VEBA contribution of $4,200 annually.
- MASA Medical Transport Solutions Program provided through health insurance.
- Oregon PERS eligible with the employee 6% contribution paid by CRRF&R.
- FLSA eligible.
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, etc.).
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Long-term disability and group Accidental Death Insurance for employee.
- Nationwide deferred compensation and AFLCA insurance available to employee.
- Ability to certify employee in the following:
- NFPA Firefighter I & II
- NFPA Apparatus Driver/Operator
- NFPA Fire Apparatus Equipped with a Pump (Pumper Operator)
- NFPA Mobile Water Supply (Tender Operator)
- NFPA Wildland Fire Apparatus Operator
- NFPA Rope Rescue – Operations Level or higher
- NFPA Fire & Emergency Services Instructor I or higher
- NWCG Wildland Firefighter Type I or higher
- Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FIRE DISTRICT:
Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue is a combination fire district that provides a full range of emergency services to a 16.4 square mile area of rural residential, commercial, and recreational lands in southern Jefferson County. Our career and volunteer personnel respond to an average of 600 calls annually. 76% of our annual call volume is medical in nature.
The community of Crooked River Ranch is the largest private subdivision in the state of Oregon with a population of approximately 5,700 people. It is located between the Deschutes and Crooked River canyon just south of Lake Billy Chinook. Amenities in the community include a golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurants, disc golf course, hiking trails, and other outdoor recreational opportunities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
- Must possess an Oregon Driver’s License
- Oregon Paramedic License (or ability to obtain withing 6 months of hire)
- NFPA Firefighter I or higher
- NWCG Wildland Firefighter, Type II
- NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator
- NIMS IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
This position will remain open until filled. Candidates passing the application process will be invited to the written and scenario-based test and assessment center. The date for this will be communicated with the candidate via email. Candidates passing the testing process and assessment center will move on to final interview with the Fire Chief.
Additional information including requesting an application can be obtained by contacting Administration by phone at 541-923-6776 or available for download below.Entry Level Paramedic/Firefighter FlyerParamedic/Firefighter, Entry Level Application