Skip to main content

Hiring: Firefighter/Paramedic

May contain: truck, vehicle, transportation, fire truck, car, and automobile
Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue - Station 501

JOB CLASSIFICATION:  Firefighter/Paramedic (Full-Time)

 POSTED:  June 3rd, 2024 (open until filled)

Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue (CRRF&R) is seeking applicants for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. The goal for this recruitment is to immediately hire one qualified Firefighter/Paramedic to work a 48/96 shift schedule and establish a hiring list for future positions. Candidates who are licensed Paramedics but do not have preferred fire certifications are encouraged to apply. The training to obtain preferred qualifications listed below will be provided by the District and must be completed during the first 6 months of the probationary period.


Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue is a combination fire district that provides fire, rescue, and emergency medical services to a 19.8 square mile area of rural residential, commercial, and recreational lands in southern Jefferson County. Our career and volunteer personnel respond to an average of 600 calls annually. 78% of our annual call volume is medical with the remaining 22% being fire related. A unique factor within our district is the deep river canyons. To respond to emergencies in these areas the District has a Technical Rope Rescue Team.

The community of Crooked River Ranch is the largest private subdivision in the state of Oregon with a population of approximately 5,700 people. It is located between the Deschutes and Crooked River canyon just south of Lake Billy Chinook. Amenities in the community include a golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurants, disc golf course, hiking trails, and other outdoor recreational opportunities.


  • Submit an application to Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue
    • Include the following with your application: cover letter, resume, and copies of the minimum and preferred qualificiations you hold.
  • Submit to Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue through National Testing Network
    • FireTeam test scores
    • Valid CPAT card (must be valid by the time of conditional job offer)

All applications will be evaluated and scored based on the District’s criteria and NTN results. Candidates passing the application and NTN process will be invited to an assessment center. The date for this will be communicated with the candidate via email. Candidates passing the testing process and assessment center will move on to an interview with the Fire Chief.

Additional information including requesting an application can be obtained by contacting Administration by phone at 541-923-6776 or available for download below.



$44,050 to $50,993 annually (depending on qualifications/experience)

  • Health, dental, and vision insurance paid by CRRF&R for employee and family.
  • HRA/VEBA contribution of $4,200 annually.
  • MASA Medical Transport Solutions Program provided through health insurance.
  • Oregon PERS eligible with the employee 6% contribution paid by CRRF&R.
  • FLSA eligible.
  • Paid time off (vacation, sick, etc.).
  • Cell phone reimbursement.
  • Long-term disability and group Accidental Death Insurance for employee.
  • Nationwide deferred compensation and AFLCA insurance available to employee.
  • Ability to certify employee in the following:
    • NFPA Firefighter I & II
    • NFPA Apparatus Driver/Operator
    • NFPA Fire Apparatus Equipped with a Pump (Pumper Operator)
    • NFPA Mobile Water Supply (Tender Operator)
    • NFPA Wildland Fire Apparatus Operator
    • NFPA Rope Rescue – Operations Level or higher
    • NFPA Fire & Emergency Services Instructor I or higher
    • NWCG Wildland Firefighter Type I or higher
    • Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
  • Oregon Paramedic license (or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
  • Valid driver's license
  • NFPA Firefighter I or higher
  • NWCG Wildland Firefighter, Type II
  • NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator
  • NIMS IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
Firefighter/Paramedic FlyerFirefighter/Paramedic Application